DJI’s Mavic 3 ($2199 USD) and Mavic 3 CINE ($4999 USD) drones were both designed from the ground up, starting with a 4/3 CMOS Hasselblad camera boasting 28x hybrid zoom camera as well as omnidirectional obstacle sensors. High-capacity batteries provide up to 46 minutes of flight time, while its upgraded hardware and software can process 5.1K video at 50 frames per second, shooting 4K/120fps footage. The CINE edition offers Apple ProRes 422 HQ encoding for richer video processing, complete with an internal 1TB SSD onboard for high-speed data storage. More information here. Read more for two videos, including a hands-on video review, and additional information.
The dual-camera system consists of an L2D-20c aerial camera that embeds a professional-grade 4/3 CMOS sensor with a 24mm prime lens, enabling it to shoot 20MP still images in 12-bit RAW format or videos in 5.1K at 50fps, 4K at 120fps. Keeping things extra safe, the omnidirectional obstacle sensing system uses ActiveTrack 5.0 to allow users to sense obstacles even in Normal mode.
- Imaging Above Everything - With a 4/3 CMOS Hasselblad Camera, the sensor provides a 12.8-stop dynamic range that retains more details in highlights and shadows, upgrading your work to a professional level.
- 46 Minutes of Flight Time - Stay in the air longer and capture more with a breathtaking max flight time of 46 minutes. This lets you get all the shots you want on just a single battery.
- Fly Safer - DJI Mavic 3 drone with camera is equipped with advanced Omnidirectional Obstacle Sensing. This lets you fly confidently and safely wherever you are.
- Explore and Capture more - the DJI Mavic 3 drone offers a 15-kilometer max transmission range, which means you can fly farther to explore and capture more. And with the O3+ Transmission system, live feeds are smooth and stable.
- Smart Return to Home - With a new Advanced RTH system, Mavic 3 camera drone can return to its home point on a fast, safe, and optimized route. Whether activated by low battery or the pilot, getting the quadcopter drone back to you during flight is easier than ever.
Creating the Mavic 3 was an arduous journey for our engineers who tackled complex technical problems to serve the goal that the Mavic series has always met – build professional-quality imaging and flight technology into a compact consumer drone. The result is incredible. Mavic 3 enables users to effortlessly make epic shots without compromising on small size, stunning performance, pervasive flight safety, and dazzling image quality. We are confident that this drone will astonish videography and photography enthusiasts, as well as professional production houses and media workers around the globe,” said Ferdinand Wolf, Creative Director, DJI Europe.