James Dyson and his team have designed a completely new ventilator suited to the needs of COVID-19 sufferers from scratch in just 10-days, and will deliver the first batch in early April. These ventilators support a patient who is no longer able to maintain their own airways, and this particular model boasts a bed-mounted design. Read more for a video and additional information.
It will have the option to run on battery power should there be a need, and in addition to the 10,000 units promised to the UK, Dyson is going to donate another 5,000 ventilators to the international community.
- Captures: HEPA filter captures 99.97 0.3 microns particles including dust and pet dander
- Dyson technology helps create a healthier home
- Projects: Projects refreshed air throughout the whole room. Air Multiplier technology delivers over 77 gallons per second of smooth, yet powerful airflow.
- Multi-functionality: Tower fan and HEPA air refresher in one.
- Other features: Sleep timer, oscillation, 10 air speed settings and automatic shut-off if tipped over
A ventilator supports a patient who is no longer able to maintain their own airways, but sadly there is currently a significant shortage, both in the UK and other countries around the world. This new device can be manufactured quickly, efficiently and at volume,” said Dyson.