For those who don’t know, the Ferrari F40 is a mid-engine, rear-wheel drive supercar manufactured from 1987 to 1992, with the LM and GTE race car versions continuing production until 1994 and 1996 respectively. It was the successor to the 288 GTO and designed to celebrate Ferrari’s 40th anniversary. Unfortunately, it was also the last Ferrari automobile personally approved by Enzo Ferrari. Read more to see one that caught fire in Monaco recently.
This particular F40 was engulfed in flames on a Monaco street, spawning plumes of black smoke very close to an apartment building, prompting one of the residents to use a garden hose in an attempt to put them out. Fortunately, fire crews were nearby and able to put out the burning F40 before any serious damage was done to the structure, but the same can’t be said for the vehicle.
- Build, race and display the Ferrari F40 Competizione with a minifigure cockpit, removable windshield, plus interchangeable car spoilers and hoods to turn the Competizione into the classic F40 road car!
- Includes a Ferrari racing driver minifigure with a helmet
- Ferrari F40 Competizione car toy measures over 1-inch (4cm) high, 5-inch (13cm) long and 1-inch (5cm) wide
- 198 pieces – Racing car toy for boys and girls aged 7+ and for fans and kids of all ages
- This LEGO Speed Champions Ferrari F40 Competizione 75890 fast car playset can be built together with all other original LEGO building toys and LEGO bricks for creative building