We have seen the future of urban transportation, and it includes Cadillac’s new single-seat VTOL drone. In addition to being able to vertical takeoff and landing, this aircraft is fully autonomous drone and perfect for ride sharing direct from rooftops if necessary. Power comes from a 90-kWh battery, while it uses four sets of two rotors for propulsion, enabling it to hit a top speed of 56 mph. One unusual feature is having the front and rear sets of rotors at different heights, possibly for more efficient flight. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
This drone is just the first of many concepts that GM has planned, including a luxurious two-seater designed for pure relaxation, a place to decompress and enjoy a multi sensory experience choreographed for more intimate journeys. These concepts is to show the world that Cadillac isn’t known just for their luxury vehicles, but how their brand might look like in the not too distant future.
- 1080P FOV 120° HD FPV Camera: You can capture memorable moments with distortion-free and view images on your phone from the wide-angel lens. The app enables you to expand your creativity further and share it on social media with ease.
- Altitude hold: When you focus on shooting images, you may set your hands off the joystick and the drone still suspend in mid-air with locked altitude. A perfect drone for beginners, kids, starters, or newbies to have a easy and stable flight experience.
- Headless Mode: The pilot will feel easier to control, especially when the drone is out of sight, under headless mode while the orientation of the drone is in relation to the pilot. The drone are also equipped with 3D flips to make your day.
- Mobile Control: Through the APP, multiple functions, Voice Control, Gestures Control, Trajectory Flight and Gravity Sensor Control can be activated. Instruct the camera to take photos by gestures of Scissor and videos by Paper.
- 2 Modular Battries: 2 batteries can support a 20 Minutes flight which makes it easy to replace battery and safe to charge battery.
We are preparing for a world where advances in electric and autonomous technology make personal air travel possible. It is a concept designed for the moment when time is of essence and convenience is everything,” said Michael Simcoe, GM’s global design chief.