First introduced at CES 2020, the Sony VISION-S electric sedan concept has come a long way since then. It’s essentially a technology showcase for the company, starting with always-on connectivity. For autonomous driving, is comes equipped with over thirty sensors, including CMOS, solid state LiDAR, radar, and time-of-flight cameras. All of these sensors and cameras combine to form Sony’s advanced driver assistance suite, called “Safety Cocoon”. Read more for two videos and additional information.
The technology doesn’t stop on the outside, as the interior boasts an ultra wide panoramic touchscreen integrated into the dashboard, complete with Sony’s 360 Reality Audio. Not too much is known about its drivetrain, other than that it sports a dual-motor setup with two 200 kW electric motors as well as an all-wheel drive setup. The prototype can hit 62 mph in 4.8 seconds, topping out at a respectable 149 mph, while a double wishbone suspension and air spring system keep things smooth on the road.
- 4K HDR PROCESSOR X1: See premium 4K pictures, rich with real-world detail and texture. Upscale everything you watch to near-4K with 4K X-Reality PRO.
- TRILUMINOS Display: See exactly what the creator intended with advanced color and gradation.
- FULL ARRAY LED with local dimming: Brighter highlights and detailed dark scenes along with realistic contrast enhanced by X-tended Dynamic Range.
- GAME MODE: Take your PlayStation experience to the next level with a Sony 4K gaming TV featuring dedicated Game Mode for a smoother, more responsive gaming experience.
- HDMI 2.1: Get the most out of your next-gen gaming console with the latest HDMI 2.1 standards featuring ALLM, VRR and 4K at 120fps for reduced input lag, increased frame rate and ultra-smooth motion. (Firmware update required, available Winter 2020 and Spring 2021.)
Towards mobility evolution, VISION-S has reached the next stage. Public road testing commenced in Austria with Sony and partners to evaluate safety and Sony technologies,” said the company.