At first glance, this traffic camera footage appears to show just another speeding driver running a red light in Beachwood and slamming into another car last month, but the out-of-control vehicle didn’t stop there. Officers quickly responded after the car had already knocked down several power lines, a utility pole, and even crashed into a house. The driver states she tried to literally “let God take the wheel”. Read more for the video and additional information.
According to the Ohio police report, the 31-year-old woman approached the officers and told them she was driving the car and that her daughter, 11, was in the front passenger seat. Traffic cameras recorded the woman’s vehicle heading south on Richmond Rd. traveling at more than 100 mph and speeding through a red light at Shaker Blvd. What made her pull this stunt? Well, she claims to be going through some “trials and tribulations” and was recently fired from her job.
- ULTRA HD DISCREET DESIGN DASH CAM: Top OV4689 image sensor captures beautiful 2160p video even while driving fast. Signature low-profile design allows the V1 to be a well-hidden witness to the road ahead. Supports high-endurance micro SD memory cards up to 256GB in memory size.
- 170 DEGREE ULTRA WIDE ANGLE LENS & WIDE DYNAMIC RANGE: The 7 layer glass lens opens up to capture a sweeping view of your surroundings. The superior WDR technology allows the camera to perform optimally in any lighting situation by adjusting the exposure to create balanced images and footage.
- SUPERCAPACITOR & PARKING MONITOR: The dash cam uses a supercapacitor which can withstand extreme temperatures from -20 to 176°F, that prevents the risk of overheating, extends the life span and reliability of the camera. With the parking monitor feature, the dash camera will automatically turn on and record a 20 second video when the car camera detects vibration OR select to record 24/7 by capturing frames to make a 24/7 time lapse video. Need smart hardwire kit to activate the parking mode.
- WIFI CONNECT: View, save, and share dash cam recordings wirelessly on your mobile device with the use of an app interface.
- LOOP RECORDING AND G-SENSOR: Video can be recorded in 1,2 or 3 minute intervals. When the storage limit is reached on the memory card, new recordings will automatically overwrite the oldest recordings. When the built-in gravity sensor detects a collision, the current video is locked, ensuring important footage is kept protected. Locked videos will be kept safe from being overwritten.