A gamer who goes by ‘Squadaloo’ online has created a custom ‘Green Hill Zone’ Sonic the Hedgehog track in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, complete with its very own soundtrack. Plus, you can actually play as Sonic too while driving by a large gravity-defying loop, gathering coins and collecting items.
How do you play as Sonic the Hedgehog? Well, first you’ll need to add the Sonic Runner mod from Boxy Mcfoggins Jr. to the game. Unfortunately (or fortunately), the hedgehog doesn’t use a kart, but rather blazes through the track as fast as he can. Do the sprites look familiar? That’s because they are from Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Let’s just hope that nobody makes a first-person Sonic mod for Mario Kart 8.
- 7-inch OLED screen - Enjoy vivid colors and crisp contrast with a screen that makes colors pop
- Wired LAN port - Use the dock’s LAN port when playing in TV mode for a wired internet connection
- 64 GB internal storage - Save games to your system with 64 GB of internal storage
- Enhanced audio – Enjoy enhanced sound from the system’s onboard speakers when playing in Handheld and Tabletop modes.
- Wide adjustable stand – Freely angle the system’s wide, adjustable stand for comfortable viewing in Tabletop mode. Nintendo Switch – OLED Model supports all Joy-Con controllers and Nintendo Switch software