Researchers at Japan’s Gifu University have unveiled “My Girlfriend in Walk,” a bizarre device that simulates holding someone’s hand. Simply put, this robotic hand is equipped with a microcomputer, several sensors to detect pressure, a servo motor, and a human skin-like material. When paired with the companion smartphone app, it reportedly feels just like holding a real human hand, since the gel-like material boasts a tactile sensation. Read more for a video and additional information.
For even more authenticity, a film heater was added to give you that toasty feeling, just in case things are chilly. One strange feature is the ability to add fragrances that ooze through tiny holes in the hand, whether it be perfume, cologne, or even sweat. The robotic hand is attached to a motorized rail so it’s able to walk with you, rather than stay in just one place.
- With LEGO MINDSTORMS Robot Inventor (51515), kids gain essential STEM skills as they build, code and play with remote-control model robots and intelligent creations that shoot missiles, play ball, drive around and more!
- Kids build Charlie, Tricky, Blast, M.V.P. and Gelo, and take on activities and missions using the Scratch-based LEGO MINDSTORMS Robot Inventor App (visit LEGO.com/devicecheck for a list of compatible devices)
- With almost 1,000 pieces, including an intelligent Hub, 4 Medium Motors, Color Sensor and Distance Sensor with break-out interface, youngsters can also build their own fun robotic toys and share them online on LEGO Life
- An easy-to-install rechargeable battery is included, so no need to go hunting for spare batteries when the fun’s about to start
- Blast stands at over 14” (36cm) tall, while Gelo measures over 9” (24cm) long; The Powered Up components in this set are also compatible with the LEGO BOOST Creative Toolbox (17101), Droid Commander (75253) and others