Engineer William Osman wasn’t happy that the hospital charged him $69,210.232 for a visit requiring x-rays, so he came up with the idea to build his very own x-ray machine. Fortunately, insurance covered most of those charges, but what about those who live uninsured? This x-ray machine may not have the bells and whistles of its hospital counterpart, though it only requires a few parts, like a high voltage DC power supply and DSLR, to build. Read more for the video and additional information.
In addition to the high-voltage DC power supply, there’s a second smaller one that the cathode uses to form an electron beam and a an r-ray vacuum tube salvaged from a dental x-ray head. He then applies the high voltage (30-150kv) as a tube voltage, thus accelerating the electrons into x-rays. Geiger counters and lead sheets were used to keep things somewhat safe, while a finger bone cast in ballistic shell was used to make the first x-ray with a long exposure on a DSLR.
- REMOVABLE BUILD SURFACE PLATE: Provide all-round protection to your 3D printer build plate and ensure consistent temperature throughout the build surface. Easy to remove the printing models after cooling.
- SAFE POWER SUPPLY: Ender 3 Pro comes with a UL Certified power supply, protecting your printer from unexpected power surges, that can heat the hot bed to 110℃ in just 5 minutes.
- RESUME PRINT FUNCTION: Ender 3 Pro can resume printing from the last recorded extruder position after suffering unexpected power outages.
- SEMI-ASSEMBLED KIT: This easy-to-setup kit comes partially assembled, allowing you to learn about the basic construction of 3D printers as you finish putting it together. A fun STEM educational experience in mechanical engineering and electronics.
- WHAT YOU GET: Ceality Ender 3 Pro 3D pinrter, lifetime technical assistance and 24 hours professional customer service.