Despite dropping his iPhone 6S from a plane flying 2,000-feet in the air, Brazilian documentary filmmaker Ernesto Galiotto managed to recover the device and its entire fall. Galiotto recently uploaded a video where he could be seen flying over a beach in Brazil in the passenger seat of a small plane. He captured photos using his larger DSLR camera for a while, before switching to his iPhone. Unfortunately, sticking the device out the window with just one hand wasn’t the best idea. Read more to see what happened.
Galiotto has initially assumed that the smartphone had been lost for good after its 2,000-foot descent, with it eventually landing on a beach. However, the filmmaker managed to recover the iPhone, which came away from the drop with only a few minor scratches, thanks in part to a screen protector, silicone case, and the Find My iPhone app.
- Pro-Grade Camera: The new Samsung Galaxy S20 FE mobile phone features high-powered pro lenses for beautiful portraits, stunning landscapes and crisp close-ups in any light with its 3X optical zoom
- 30X Space Zoom: Whether you want your cellphone to zoom in close from afar or magnify details of something nearby, 30X Space Zoom gives you the power to get closer
- Night Mode: Capture crisp images and vibrant video with Night Mode and create high-quality content in low light — no flash required with this smartphone
- Single-Take AI: One tap of the screen captures multiple images and video all at once; Lenses, effects and filters capture the best of every moment, every time
- Power of 5G: Get next-level power for everything you love to do with Samsung Galaxy 5G; More sharing, more gaming, more experiences and never miss a beat
I had faith that I was going to recover. I thought: ‘If he didn’t fall into the water, we will find it,’” said Galiotto, adding that the iPhone’s fall could have been potentially fatal if it had hit people on the beach below.