Photo credit: Mecum via Car Scoops
This Learmousine, or Learjet limousine, may look familiar, and that’s because it was at the Mecum Indy sales event last year. Well, it didn’t sell and willb e back at the Indy 2021 auction, which runs from May 14-22. Designed by Dan Harris of Bend, Oregon, it took over 40,000 man-hours to complete. A Learjet fuselage was was basically laid over a custom steel skeletal frame that took two years of research, design and development before construction, thanks to its patent-pending rear engine bay, drivetrain, suspension as well as computer systems. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
It’s powered by an 8.1L Chevrolet Vortec V8 truck engine producing 400hp and rides on custom 28-inch red / black Diablo wheels wrapped in Kumho 325/25R28 tires, while hydro-boosted brakes allow it to stop on a dime. Step inside, and you’ll find a deep bucket seat with harness, red carbon fiber-style trim and four screens for the outboard cameras. Passengers can enjoy the Showtime Audio 17,000-watt audio/visual system that features a 42-inch plasma TV, multiple light panels and a host of speakers inside / out.
- Take to the water with this racing Catamaran floating toy sailboat, packed with realistic features, like moving sails, dagger boards and rudder!
- Ideal for developing engineering skills, this 2-in-1 LEGO Technic model catamaran kit lets kids build, play and rebuild, giving an introduction to how boats really work!
- Kids can master the tactics of a world-class speed-sailor: angle the sails for the ultimate racing position, raise and lower the 2 dagger boards to maximize stability, and use the rudder to steer!
- This 2-in-1 LEGO Technic model sailboat toy sparks imagination, offers endless build-and-play fun, and is a creativity-filled holiday, birthday or anyday gift for kids ages 8+ who like building challenges, catamarans and model sailboats
- At over 12” (32cm) long, 8” (22cm) wide and 17” (44cm) high (from the bottom of the rudder to the top of the mast), this model sailboat is made for easy handling in the bathtub
Nowadays, with limousines spanning the marques of Lincoln, Cadillac, Hummer and even Lamborghini, one might say they’ve seen it all. But, not anymore. This 42-foot long by 8-foot wide, Candy Red Limo-Jet will turn heads no matter where it is, as well as make lots of friends along the way,” according to the auction listing.