LEGO fan Steve Guinness from Chester, UK designed the new LEGO Ideas (21327) Typewriter set, and it’s based on a contemporary typewriter model used by the LEGO Group founder Ole Kirk Christiansen. Not only does this 2,079-piece set replicate the function and tactility of a classic typewriter, but it boasts a center typebar that rises each time a letter key is pressed, linked to the carriage which moves across as you type, as well as a platen roller that real paper can be fed into. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
Each one of these $199.99 sets also comes with a letter written and signed by Thomas Kirk Kristiansen, chairman of the LEGO Group who is a fourth-generation member of the family which still privately owns the business to this day. Steve Guinness came up with the idea for a typewriter because he wanted to create something entirely different from anything that LEGO has done before and showcase that you really can make anything from the bricks. Available June 16th for LEGO VIP members and July 1st worldwide.
- Build a ship in a bottle featuring a brick-built cork and wax seal, ship with a captain’s quarters, cannons, mast, crow’s nest, sails, flag, display stand with a nameplate and ‘compass’!
- This LEGO Ideas ship in a bottle model kit comes with an instruction booklet including information about the set's fan creator and LEGO designers
- The bottle on stand measures over 3" (10cm) high, 12” (31cm) wide and 3” (10cm) deep; Ship measures over 3" (8cm) high, 5” (14cm) long and 1” (5cm) wide
- 962 pieces – Advanced building set for boys and girls aged 12+ and for fans and big kids of all ages
- The LEGO Ideas Ship in a Bottle 92177 model kit can be built together with all other original LEGO sets and LEGO building bricks for creative building
- USAGE: The Light Set is used to light up Ship in a Bottle (NOT include the Lego Set)
- PORDUCT FEATURE: The Light is made use of original material purely handmade. It contains 1 USB Light kit ,Instruction guide, battery box. Plug in power, and light up your building blocks with our amazing design!
- TIPS: Use small Tweezers and three AAA Batteries, or USB Charger and Voltage should be less than 5V to avoid burning.
- INSTALLATION INSTRUCTION: The light set installation is done to your preference. Please install your led light carefully, no hard pulling and no need to bend or shake it.
- ABOUT US: Specialized in custom-designed Lighting Kit toys, we aim to supply customer with good products and quality services. Make your creations unique with your rich imagination and creativity. Let 's light up your bricks and bring them new vitality. If you have any problems, please do not hesitate to contact us. Have a happy shopping experience!
It’s not hard to see why the vintage typewriter has such enduring appeal, and Steve’s incredible replica is a thoroughly worthy LEGO Ideas success story. For many, the escape from the connected world to the simplicity of the typewriter is a similar experience to the mindful process of building with LEGO bricks. Here, we have a LEGO set that combines these two worlds seamlessly and like its real-life counterparts, is something LEGO fans will be proud to display in their homes,” said Federico Begher, VP of Global Marketing at the LEGO Group.