The hardest part about wrapping presents may be actually cutting the rolls of paper into perfect sheets, that is unless…you’re using this innovative machine by The Brick Wall. Simply put, this innovative machine precisely measures the presents by scanning it and then determines exactly how much paper to cut, which means you probably won’t be left with random shreds after you’re done wrapping. Read more to see it in-action.
It’s not the most complex machine, as the cutter itself measures 45-inches, while it’s controlled with an EV3 brick and runs on custom software coded in the Python programming language. Boxed presents are set on a separate area where two optical sensors scan and calculate its dimensions. The Python software then calculates the total volume of the box and then determines the exact size sheet needed to cover everything, complete with folds at the ends.
- With LEGO MINDSTORMS Robot Inventor (51515), kids gain essential STEM skills as they build, code and play with remote-control model robots and intelligent creations that shoot missiles, play ball, drive around and more!
- Kids build Charlie, Tricky, Blast, M.V.P. and Gelo, and take on activities and missions using the Scratch-based LEGO MINDSTORMS Robot Inventor App (visit LEGO.com/devicecheck for a list of compatible devices)
- With almost 1,000 pieces, including an intelligent Hub, 4 Medium Motors, Color Sensor and Distance Sensor with break-out interface, youngsters can also build their own fun robotic toys and share them online on LEGO Life
- An easy-to-install rechargeable battery is included, so no need to go hunting for spare batteries when the fun’s about to start
- Blast stands at over 14” (36cm) tall, while Gelo measures over 9” (24cm) long; The Powered Up components in this set are also compatible with the LEGO BOOST Creative Toolbox (17101), Droid Commander (75253) and others