Revealed at the 2021 Dubai Airshow, the Explorer by Lufthansa Technik Design is essentially a new wide-body VIP cabin concept that can be considered a luxury superyacht for the sky. It’s fitted on an Airbus A330 since it has a classic wide-body design, complete with sufficient space for a large number of novel cabin ideas as well as the long range required to fulfill the special wishes of the target group. Read more for a short video, additional pictures and information.
Unlike standard private jets, the Explorer comes equipped with a large-scale integrated projection system for virtual content, which spans from the window belt to nearly the entire cabin ceiling. This means you can project the night sky, stars, or even a disco hall if you so desire. One other interesting feature is that the floor in the forward fuselage area can extend outwards from the parked aircraft to form a spacious veranda of sorts.
- Remarkable Clarity and Contrast: DLP's advanced IntelliBright algorithms deliver a remarkably bright 100 ANSI-lumen image. (Recommended for use in dimmer environments.)
- 360° Speaker: Equipped with a powerful omnidirectional speaker, this mini projector pumps out sound all around.
- Home Entertainment: Enjoy your favorite movies, TV shows, and more up to 100 inches big anywhere in your home thanks to this mini-projector’s soda can-sized design.
- Android 7.1: Run streaming and media apps flawlessly from this mini-projector. Seamlessly display content from Netflix, Youtube, and more on your mini projector for endless entertainment.
- NOTE: Copyrighted content from Hulu, Netflix, and similar services CAN NOT be mirrored or screencast. Download and use the apps directly through Capsule portable projector to view copyrighted content from these providers. Chromecast is not supported. For peak performance, please update to the latest firmware.
In yacht building, multi-functional exploration vessels have now become a class in their own right. And many owners of such vessels also call an aircraft their own. For this fast-growing target group of VIP world explorers, we have therefore now created a flying platform for the first time. Unlike a yacht, however, our EXPLORER aircraft allows passengers to travel to the other side of the globe within hours and set up their own individual base camp for further activities,” said Wieland Timm, Head of Sales VIP & Special Mission Aircraft Services at Lufthansa Technik.