Photo credit: Salvatoreandrea Piccirillo
Fans of F1 are probably familiar with the Maserati 250F, the race car that took home a total of 8 wins, 8 poles, and 10 fastest laps between January 1954 – November 1960. It was powered by a 2.5L Maserati A6 straight-six engine generating 243 hp, mated to a 4-speed manual transmission. Suspension wise, it sports ribbed 13.4-inch drum brakes, a wishbone independent front suspension, De Dion tube axle, Borrani 16″ / 17″ wheels wrapped in Pirelli Stella Bianca tires. Read more to see designer Salvatoreandrea Piccirillo’s modern interpretation of this iconic vehicle.
Instead of a traditional engine or hybrid powerplant, it uses the platform from Formula E racers, complete with a battery that’s mounted behind the front wheels. Scissor doors give it a futuristic appearance, while a large front splitter and rear diffuser ensure maximum aerodynamic efficiency.
- Immerse yourself in the exciting world of endurance racing, creating your own displayable LEGO Technic model version of the iconic Ferrari 488 GTE racing car
- Authentic features include front and back suspension, opening doors, a V8 engine with moving pistons and functioning steering wheel
- With original race stickers and a faithful color scheme, the LEGO Technic Ferrari 488 GTE “AF Corse #51” (42125) will take pride of place in the home or office of any motorsport fan
- A rewarding building project for adults and an inspired birthday or special occasion gift for anyone who loves endurance racing, Ferrari racing cars and motorsport
- Model measures over 5 in. (13 cm) high, 19 in. (48 cm) long and 8.5 in. (21 cm) wide