Elon Musk’s second-generation Tesla Roadster still does not have a definitive release date, and when there is one, it could have some competition, starting with the all-electric MG Cyberster concept. Set to debut at the Shanghai Motor Show later this month, this two-door, two-seater roadster draws inspiration from the classic MGB Roadster, complete with round MG headlights, a slime grille, interactive ‘Magic Eye’ headlights that open when switched on, and a laser belt LED strip down the side of the car. Read more for additional pictures and information.
Aside from its distinctive two-stage shoulder line, with a flattened ‘kamm tail’ rear as well as flat LED lights integrated directly into the rear of the car that projects a digital image that echoes MG’s British heritage, it has an intelligent electric drivetrain that can hit 62 mph in under 3-seconds and a 500-mile range when fully charged. To keep you connected, there is built-in 5G internet.
- Build and experience an iconic supercar—the LEGO Technic Chevrolet Corvette ZR1!
- 2-in-1 LEGO Technic set: rebuilds into a Hot Rod replica model
- This collectible car model features a large rear wing, 4 tailpipes, black spoked rims with low-profile tires, working steering and visible moving V8 pistons
- Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 measures over 3” (8cm) high, 11” (29cm) long and 4” (12cm) wide Hot Rod measures over 3” (8cm) high, 9” (23cm) long and 4” (12cm) wide 579 pieces – For boys and girls aged 9+ and for fans and big kids of all ages
- This LEGO Technic Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 42093 set can be built together with all other original LEGO sets and LEGO bricks for creative building
The Cyberster is a bold statement that looks strongly into MG’s future, touching on our heritage but more importantly building on our cutting edge technology and advanced design. Sports cars are the lifeblood of the MG DNA and Cyberster is a hugely exciting concept for us,” said Carl Gotham, Director of SAIC Design Advanced London.