Guitarist and father Tolgahan Çoğulu from Turkey specializes in building microtonal guitars that incorporate alternate tuning scales as found in traditional Turkish music and solving the ‘major third problem.’ This problem arises due to the nature of dividing the octave into 12 equal semitones. His latest project all started two years ago when his son Atlas made the adjustable microtonal guitar keyboard using LEGO. Once the keyboard was completed, he asked if he could use it on the real guitar, and the rest is history. Read more for a video about the build and a demonstration of the completed instrument.
Simply put, they removed all the frets and placed only five of them to play the C major scale. Then, by changing the location of the three frets, Tolgahan showed Atlas how they can make the C minor scale. Last, but not least, he showed the Balinese pentatonic sequence, which contains three microtones. The frets themselves are also 3D-printed and were fitted onto the neck using the standardized LEGO stud. Each fret piece spans only one string space, thus allowing them to have a completely different set of fret divisions.
- Builders of all ages will enjoy completing this advanced building set! The detailed ship in a bottle also includes a LEGO brick stand to display it proudly. This is the perfect model for older kids and adults who love miniature model ships!
- This expert model boat building set is built with 962 pieces and features a buildable cork and wax seal element, ship with a captain’s quarters, cannons, mast, crow’s nest, sails and flag, and a display stand with a nameplate.
- This nautical collectible building toy includes a display stand so builders can proudly show their creation. It also comes with an instruction booklet about the set’s fan creator and LEGO designers. Builders will love this miniature model ship build.
- LEGO Ideas Ship in a Bottle model building kit is compatible with all LEGO construction sets for creative building.
- Bottle on stand measures over 3" (10cm) high, 12” (31cm) wide and 3” (10cm) deep, Ship measures over 3" (8cm) high, 5” (14cm) long and 1” (5cm) wide.
- Build and explore the LEGO Technic Porsche 911 RSR—an icon of innovative engineering and design!
- Exclusive LEGO Technic replica of the Porsche 911 RSR sports car
- Realistic details include aerodynamic bodywork, black spoked rims, working differential, working steering, independent suspension and a six-cylinder boxer engine with moving pistons
- Porsche 911 RSR model car measures over 5-inch (13cm) high, 19-inch (50cm) long and 7-inch (20cm) wide 1580 pieces – For boys and girls aged 10+ and for fans and big kids of all ages
- This LEGO Technic Porsche 911 RSR 42096 set can be built together with all other original LEGO sets and LEGO bricks for creative building