Super Mario 64 mods have been around since the Nintendo Wii was still a thing, but this one combines the best of GoldenEye 007 with the Mushroom Kingdom. To be more specific, it’s based on GoldenEye 007, but swaps in Mario characters, along with edited dialog to make it somewhat understandable. One example would be that there is no mention of Trevelyan / Luigi’s parents being Lienz Cossacks, and instead of calling James Bond / Mario the “Golden Boy,” he says the “Golden Bro.” Read more for a gameplay video and additional information.
Other notable changes include the dialog where Mario meets Natayla / Peach, his identity as a spy isn’t revealed. However, the story itself has mainly remained the same as the original, with all levels playing out essentially identically. In other words, it’s GoldenEye 007 using Mario characters and level skins. More information here.
- 3 Play Styles: TV Mode, Tabletop Mode, Handheld Mode
- 6.2-inch, multi-touch capacitive touch screen
- 4.5-9 plus Hours of Battery Life will vary depending on software usage conditions
- Connects over Wi-Fi for multiplayer gaming; Up to 8 consoles can be connected for local wireless multiplayer
- Model number: HAC-001(-01)
Various changes have been made to work better with the new character sizes as well as be a better gameplay experience, with some unused stuff added back in like the various X Themes being in all levels except for Surface 1 because that level doesn’t have one,” said its creator.