Want a piece of gaming history unlike any other? Then you might have to pony up a hefty amount for this Nintendo PlayStation prototype from 1992. Not even a full day in and the bidding has already reached $6,000+ with 22-days left to go. It’s allegedly the last remaining prototype of the 200 that were made from the failed joint-venture between Sony and Nintendo. As you can see, there’s a cartridge slot as well as a CD-ROM drive that was meant to play disc-based media and presumably video games as well. Read more for a video and additional information.
The CD-ROM drive was not working when it was first acquired back in 2009, but this issue has since been repaired by Benjamin Heckendorn. Now, it’s capable of playing music CDs like the commercially produced PlayStation, but unfortunately, there was no proprietary software made during the prototype’s development. Check out the page here.
- 🎮【FREE 10000 GAMES】 Built in 10000 classic games, all original and no repeat. Opendingux System, Can add emulators and games with related format. Perfectly support PS1, CPS1, CPS2, FBA, NEOGEO, NEOGEO POCKET, GBA, GBC, GB, FC/NES, SFC/SNES, MD, SMS, GG, PCE, WSC, Transplant Games, etc. 20 kinds of games format.
- 🎮【3.5 INCH IPS SCREEN】 3.5 Inch High-definition IPS Screen, very clear display. Tempered glass, double protection with scratchproof and anti-fall, brings exciting gaming experience and better eye protection.
- 🎮【2500MAH HIGH CAPACITY BATTERY】 Built-in 2500mAh high capacity lithium battery for ultra-long standby time and battery life. Support up to 6 hours game playing. Support fast charging with USB Type-C cable. Brings lots of joy and happiness to you during a trip or a long journey.
- 🎮【VERSATILE CONSOLE】 Not only a game console but also a music player, video player, photo viewer, ebook reader... Can connect to PC with USB Type-C cable for charging or data transfering, supported Win2000/Vista/XP/Win7/Win8/Win10
- 🎮【HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL】 L1/L2/R1/R2 Keys use OMRON FRETTING Button to increase button life by 3 times and one million times press. Built-in TWO loudspeakers with inspiring sound effects. Unique high quality translucent material for case. It is the best birthday gift for children. We provide 100% satisfaction and unconditional return guarantee within 30 days. Please feel free to buy!
One of the most interesting aspects of the prototype is the controller, whose casing sports the design of a Super Nintendo controller with Super Famicom colors. However, this is no ordinary Super Nintendo controller! Though the design itself is familiar to many, the branding is what sets it apart. Instead of Nintendo, ‘Sony PlayStation’ is boldly emblazoned on the front of the controller, though ‘Nintendo’ is raised in plastic on the back,” said the seller.