When you take a Formula E car and combine it with a street-legal electric roadster, you get the futuristic Nissan Ariya Single Seater Concept. While the production model probably won’t look this extreme, it will have a 389 hp and 442 lb-ft of torque, dual motor, all-wheel-drive powertrain in a single-seat chassis. Aesthetically, it features a “V motion” grille found on Nissan’s current models and an a Halo safety device to protect the driver. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
Nissan drew inspiration from the ABB FIA Formula E World Championship for the Ariya Single Seater Concept. Why? The automaker races in the all-electric world championship to bring the excitement and fun of zero-emission electric vehicles to a global audience. This experience helps them be on the cutting edge of electric vehicle research and design.
- A chance to own an authentically detailed LEGO replica of the legendary Toyota GR Supra. A perfect playset for boys and girls aged 7 and up and for those with a passion for iconic sports cars.
- What’s in the box? There’s everything you need to build a collectible Toyota GR Supra replica model, plus a driver minifigure with a Toyota racing suit, safety helmet and wrench.
- Kids and car enthusiasts can explore the makeup of the real-life Toyota GR Supra as they build, before putting their creation on display or joining friends for exciting Speed Champions racing action.
- This 299-piece LEGO Speed Champions Toyota GR Supra (76901) construction set provides an exciting building experience and makes a great gift for those with a passion for high-performance cars.
- This Toyota GR Supra replica measures over 1.5 in. (4cm) high, 6 in. (16cm) long and 2.5 in. (7cm) wide. And with its wider 8-stud chassis, has room for 2 minifigures and lots of authentic detailing.
Nissan competes in Formula E not only to race on track, but also to support the development of compelling electric vehicles for customers. Our EV programs inform our Formula E program and vice versa, allowing for road-to-track technology transfer as well as track-to-road. The Nissan Ariya Single Seater Concept explores the combination of the all-electric powertrain, dual motors and revolutionary all-wheel drive system of the Ariya with a pure single seat racing chassis – a powerful demonstration of just how thrilling electric vehicles could be,” said Tommaso Volpe, Nissan global motorsports director.