The 2022 Nissan GT-R NISMO is an instant collector’s car, but the price tag may not be for everyone. Fortunately, Nissan has partnered with McDonald’s in Japan to offer a miniature Nissan GT-R NISMO in every “Tomica Happy Set”, a popular meal set for children. To kick off this promotion, the automaker and McDonald’s held a joint event at Nissan’s headquarters in Yokohama, Japan. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
While each Nissan GT-R NISMO VR38DETT 3.8-liter twin turbo V6 engine with GT3 racecar-supplied turbochargers is handcrafted by its own takumi technician, complete with a takumi certification plate in an exclusive color, these miniatures are a great conversation piece for any desk. Should you be in Japan on April 30, make sure to swing by a local McDonalds and ask for the “Tomica Happy Set” to get your hands on one or both of these miniature GT-R NISMOs.
- A rare chance to own an authentically detailed LEGO replica of the legendary Nissan GT-R NISMO!
- With a buildable Nissan GT-R NISMO and 1 collectible minifigure in a Nissan racing suit, this model car kit will captivate both kids and car fans, inspiring them to independent play and letting them stage races with friends
- The mini version of the Nissan GT-R NISMO can be built and displayed or used to race against other LEGO Speed Champions cars
- This 298-piece Nissan GT-R NISMO model car kit provides an exciting mission for boys and girls ages 8+ who love to create and play with toy racing cars. It will make a cherished gift at any time of year
- The Nissan GT-R NISMO measures 1” (5cm) high, 6” (16cm) long and 2” (7cm) wide: new for 2020, all LEGO Speed Champions cars are now 25% bigger to include even more details from the original versions!
The GT-R NISMO has always been an ongoing pursuit of ultimate driving pleasure. We take a holistic approach, seeking precision performance through a meticulous balance of engine components and shaving weight, and incrementally evolving the GT-R’s appearance to deliver the ultimate balance of power, performance and excitement to our customers,” said Hiroshi Tamura, chief product specialist of the GT-R.