Pizza Hut partnered with Ogilvy to launch a limited-edition pizza box that doubles as a functional foosball table. It was created to celebrate the start of the Europa League on October 22nd, and as you might have already guessed, most people will not be able to get their hands on these, since just five of them are available. To get your chance at winning one, you’ll have to download the Pizza Hut app, join the 12th Player Club, and then leave a comment on the company’s Facebook page. Read more for additional pictures and information.
On a related note, did you know that foosball’s origins go all the way back to 1921, when Harold Searles Thornton from the United Kingdom patented the game (UK patent no 205,991 application dated October 14, 1921 and accepted November 1, 1923)? That’s right, he came up with the idea due to the popularity of the sport in Spain. So, what better way to enjoy it than by making a game that people could play in their homes? However, the inspiration actually came from a box of matches.
- Rotating tray turns continuously to assure even baking.
- Top and bottom heating elements bake foods from both sides. Heating elements are separately controlled, allowing you to select top, bottom, or both elements for perfect results every time.
- Timer signals end of cooking time and automatically turns off heating elements.
- Saves as much as 60% in energy compared to a conventional oven.
- Removable nonstick baking pan is easy to clean and store.
The Pizza Hut Foosball Pizza Box was a great opportunity to remind football fans that pizza goes best with their football. We always want to go above and beyond when catering to our audience and given how fatigued the community has been this year, offering fun beyond just food and bringing an experience like this to life, right in your pizza box, is the perfect way to make people smile,” said Wendy Leung, marketing director of Pizza Hut Hong Kong.