H/t: Car Scoops
Supercar replicas are nothing new, but rarely do they come close to their real-life counterpart. Ilya Strekal may have found the best looking Ferrari 458 Italia replica yet, but the hardest part may have been tracking down an actual owner of one in St. Petersburg and having them agree to do a side-by-side comparison video. How long did it take to build? So far, it has taken the shop over 2-years to get to this point. Read more for two videos and additional information.
Upon closer inspection, you’ll definitely see some differences, such as the missing emblems, gaps between headlights / hood / body panels, windshield shape, and a few more of the curved areas. However, one thing they did get right, as you can see in the second video, is the interior, which nearly mimics its real-life counterpart perfectly.
- Immerse yourself in the exciting world of endurance racing, creating your own displayable LEGO Technic model version of the iconic Ferrari 488 GTE racing car
- Authentic features include front and back suspension, opening doors, a V8 engine with moving pistons and functioning steering wheel
- With original race stickers and a faithful color scheme, the LEGO Technic Ferrari 488 GTE “AF Corse #51” (42125) will take pride of place in the home or office of any motorsport fan
- A rewarding building project for adults and an inspired birthday or special occasion gift for anyone who loves endurance racing, Ferrari racing cars and motorsport
- Model measures over 5 in. (13 cm) high, 19 in. (48 cm) long and 8.5 in. (21 cm) wide