Photo credit: Little Curation
Wanted to visit a place that is far away from anyone else, while still retaining some creature comforts? Then you might want to add Elliðaey, the most northeastern of the Westman Islands, located south of Iceland, to your bucket list. The island itself spans 110 acres, making it the third-largest island in the archipelago, and not home to much wildlife except for an abundance of puffins. However, the main attraction is the lone hunting lodge built by the Elliðaey Hunting Association. Read more for a fascinating look inside this place.
There were several families that lived on Elliðaey Island through the 1930s, but moved to the mainland in search of better opportunities. Some of them did return periodically to the island to hunt fish and puffins, which is how the hunting association was formed. Unfortunately, there is no electricity, running water, or indoor plumbing in the hunting lodge today. Now high-speed internet may be a possibility should someone eventually construct a wind / wave / solar electricity generator and use SpaceX’s Starlink.
- Build and display this highly detailed LEGO Architecture interpretation of the Empire State Building!
- This 360°-displayable LEGO Architecture Empire State Building model features 4 highly detailed facades, a silver-colored antenna tower and...
- This LEGO Architecture model is finished with a decorative Empire State Building nameplate
- Designed for Lego 21046,with this light kit, you can bring your Lego Empire State Building from dark to bright, make it come to life.
- Please note that only LED light set. All LEGO sets showed in images and videos are not included.
- Package contains dot lights, expansion boards, connecting cables, battery holder(batteries not included), adhesive squares, and instruction.