In the comic books, vibranium absorbs the energy transferred to Captain America’s shield, yet still allows the shield to transfer its energy out, redirecting it with little loss. However, this material does not exist in real-life, so one comic book fanatic had to get creative to build a real-life version that actually bounces. To start, the shield itself is made of carbon fiber with a fiberglass ring to provide bounce while keeping maximum strength. Read more for a video and a few bonuses.
This homemade Captain America shield magnetically attaches to the users wrist and can be thrown overhand just like in the comic books and films. Unfortunately (or fortunately), it cannot be used in battle, as this shield would most certainly be damaged in any kind of battle, much less one involving actual weapons.
- Build this LEGO Art Marvel Studios Iron Man (31199) set, featuring a model with 3 build options; Display your favorite version of Iron Man’s armor on your wall or shelf after you spend quality time making it
- Set your creative side free with this 3,167-piece LEGO set that includes 9 canvas wall decor plates, a Marvel Studios signature plate, brick-built LEGO frame, new hanging element and piece separator for easy rebuilding
- Relieve stress while you create a unique LEGO portrait of the MARK III, the HULKBUSTER MARK I or the MARK LXXXV armored Iron Man suits With the immersive Soundtrack, you can learn unexpected details as you build
- Revel in your love of Super Heroes while building this unique LEGO kit; To really push your creativity, buy and combine 3 of the sets to create an ultimate Iron Man wall piece to display in your home or office
- This 3in1 LEGO Art set measures over 15.5” (40cm) square; Display it on a wall or shelf, where its details help it stand out; It makes a great gift for you or another creative builder who’s into Super Heroes or Iron Man