Photo credit: Let’s Go Digital
Samsung Electronics recently had a patent approved by the World Intellectual Property Office (WIPO) for an ‘electronic apparatus,’ and within the 60-page documentation, there were several sketches that appear to show a folding smartphone that has a hidden screen extension. When folded up, it looks just like the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3, but when opened up, a full 7.6-inch display is revealed. Read more to see the sketches and for additional information.
In its fully open position, a screen extension can be revealed at the push of a button that doubles as a keyboard if necessary. When closed, this extension can be used to show the time, battery, notifications, etc. Other features may include a penta rear camera system with five sensors and an extra display port at the bottom of the device. There’s no word yet on when or if a prototype will be officially unveiled.
- MORE FREEDOM: With unlocked by Samsung, you call the shots; Start with the Galaxy S20 FE 5G then choose your carrier, data plan, services, features, and apps, so you get the phone you want, set up exactly how you want
- INFINITY-O DISPLAY: The 6.5” FHD Infinity-O Display has barely-there bezels surrounding the flat edges, and a super small punch hole for the camera*; Meaning a more immersive screen that makes your gaming, streaming, and video calling way more fun
- PRO-GRADE CAMERA: The same pro-grade triple lens S20 camera, now available in FE; Three cameras on the rear let you snapshot moments in your own way
- 30X SPACE ZOOM: Zoom in close from afar or magnify details of something nearby with the power of 30X Space Zoom
- NIGHT MODE: With bigger pixels and enhanced camera AI, the rear camera adjusts to pull in light even when it’s dark so your shots come out detailed and colorful