Photo credit: Pranav Mistry
Samsung NEON made its debut earlier this year at CES 2020 in Las Vegas, and it’s essentially a computationally created virtual being that looks and behaves like a real human. Pranav Mistry, the CEO of STAR (Samsung Technology and Advanced Research) Labs, announced this week that NEON will be available on smartphones before the end of the year. NEON View is the version that will be coming to mobile phones and possibly tablets. Read more for a video about NEON and additional information.
The NEON assistant can learn skills and form memories, unlike current AI assistants. Plus, it has a human face and will be able to converse and show emotions like a human. However, the coolest feature is that it can be programmed to perform a variety of tasks, whether it be a teacher, pilates instructor, narrator, or even a reporter. Unfortunately, it won’t come shipped with Samsung devices, but will be available as a download possibly.
- Pro-Grade Camera: The new Samsung Galaxy S20 FE mobile phone features high-powered pro lenses for beautiful portraits, stunning landscapes and crisp close-ups in any light with its 3X optical zoom
- 30X Space Zoom: Whether you want your cellphone to zoom in close from afar or magnify details of something nearby, 30X Space Zoom gives you the power to get closer
- Night Mode: Capture crisp images and vibrant video with Night Mode and create high-quality content in low light — no flash required with this smartphone
- Single-Take AI: One tap of the screen captures multiple images and video all at once; Lenses, effects and filters capture the best of every moment, every time
- Power of 5G: Get next-level power for everything you love to do with Samsung Galaxy 5G; More sharing, more gaming, more experiences and never miss a beat