Photo credit: Ecuador Ministry of Tourism | CC BY-SA 2.0
Ecuador’s San Rafael waterfall on the Coca River was a popular tourist attraction, attracting tens of thousands of people every year, but the iconic waterfall has now vanished and replaced by three streams. Tourists are no longer welcome to the site, which has now been closed due to a huge sinkhole that appeared in the Coca River a few meters before the falls and diverted the watercourse. Read more for two videos and additional information.
Researchers studying the area believe that the three streams could cause erosion at the channel’s origin and create a river upstream, thus changing the valley’s topography. Currently, the cause of the sinkhole is under investigation, but some geologists think the deformation occurred naturally, while other researchers suspect it may be tied to the new construction of the country’s largest hydroelectric plant.
- BUILD YOUR BRAIN – Intellectual challenge for problem solvers and game lovers, this wooden T-shape piece puzzle delivers hours and hours of fun and mystery; take apart and put back together
- RELAXING CHALLENGE – This educational toy provides a tough challenge but also allows you to relieve stress, relax your mood, and enjoy brain stimulation; fun for families, students, children
- DEVELOP SKILLS – Clever 3D puzzle design builds genius skills, including ability to problem solve, spatial imagination, creative thinking, and more; play again and again to exercise your brain
- HIGH QUALITY – Wooden puzzle pieces are precision cut, closely fitted, and built to last; painted finish; very sturdy and attractive, great for puzzle enthusiasts and teens
- WONDERFUL GIFT – Educational and fun wooden puzzle recommended for age 6+ and anyone who loves a challenge; 6.9cm x 6.9cm x 6.9cm cube with 54 individual pieces