Photo credit: Alexander Muscat
Most already know that the latest Flight Simulator simulates the entire Earth using textures and topographical data from Bing Maps. You’ll find three-dimensional recreations of the world’s features, like the terrain, trees, grass, buildings, and water, all generated by Microsoft Azure technology. A 212-story ultra skyscraper appeared in Melbourne, Australia due to incorrect Bing Maps data. Read more for a video and additional information.
Azure cloud renders the visuals, enhances visual fidelity, and simulates real-world data / effects, as well as calculate physics, but when a user makes a typo when entering on an open world map (OpenStreetMap), this crazy building is the result. In any case, the game is stunning nonetheless, as the world Azure creates is populated with animals, vehicles, and even water that flows realistically based on wind direction.
- Learn to fly and practice new maneuvers with the intuitive #1 RC flight simulator that has put more RC pilots in the air safely than any other
- Features over a dozen new aircraft, additional flying sites, updated virtual flight instructor lessons and all new Spektrum InterLink DX controller
- Fly more than 40 flying sites and over 160 aircraft, including planes, drones, and helis from top brands like E-flite, Blade, HobbyZone and Hangar 9
- VR compatibility and game-like challenges make flight training fun and interactive, while multiplayer combat lets you challenge pilots worldwide
- Includes RF9 software and Spektrum InterLink DX Controller. Requires Windows 7, 8, or 10 to run. Vista not supported. System requirements listed below