Named after NASA Earth Science Division Director Michael Freilich, the U.S.-European Sentinel-6 Michael Freilich Satellite has been successfully launched aboard a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket. After two minute, the main Falcon 9 engine cut off, and shortly after, the rocket’s first and second stages separated, followed by second-stage engine start. The first cutoff of the second stage engine started eight minutes after liftoff and fired second time 45 minutes later, at which point the launch vehicle and the spacecraft will be in a temporary “parking” orbit. Read more for two videos and additional information.
Several minutes later, the launch vehicle and the spacecraft separated. The satellite then began solar panel deployment about one hour and seven minutes post-launch and is expected to make first contact about 25 minutes after that. This satellite will be followed in 2025 by its twin, Sentinel-6B. Together, the duo will record global sea surface height measurements as well as provide atmospheric data that will improve weather forecasts, climate models, and hurricane tracking.
- Bring to life the rocket launch that took humans to the moon with the meter-high (approximately 1: 110 scale) model rocket of the NASA Apollo Saturn V
- The Saturn V rocket kit includes 3 removable rocket stages (first, s-ii second, and s-ivb third) below the launch escape system, command and service module; Plus, there are 2 minifigures to accompany the Lunar Lander and splashdown rocket toy
- After building the Saturn V rocket, you can display the spacecraft horizontally with 3 stands; The Lunar Lander docks with the command and service modules while the Lunar Orbiter sends the rocket into space
- Recreate space adventures with this NASA toy and action figures based off of the included booklet about the manned Apollo Moon missions and the fan designers of this build and play set
- This spaceship toy measures over 39-inches (100cm) high and 6-inches (17cm) in diameter; It includes 1,969 pieces and is ideal for boys and girls 14 years or older