Aspyr has just released Star Wars Episode l: Racer for digital purchase on both the Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 for $14.99. This classic Nintendo 64 racing game, based on the podracing sequence in Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, has been upgraded with modernized controls, or to be more specific, motion controls on the Switch. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
If you’ve never played the original, this game lets players take control of a podracer and select from 25 playable racers including Anakin Skywalker, Sebulba, as well as Ratts Tyerell. The race tracks span eight unique planets including Tatooine, Baroonda, and Malastare. You can work with pit droids to upgrade the podracer for higher top speeds and acceleration. Play a single-player campaign or multiplayer via split-screen.
- Build, play with and display a collectible missile-firing, bomb-dropping LEGO Star Wars Resistance Y-wing advanced starship model, featuring a new-for-October-2019 color scheme as seen in the Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker movie
- This collectible Star Wars playset includes 5 LEGO Star Wars characters; Poe Dameron, Zorii Bliss and First Order Snowtrooper minifigures, and D-O and astromech droid These LEGO minifigures get the action started right away
- This LEGO Y-wing Starfighter model, aka wishbone, has lots of features that kids and adult collectors will really appreciate, including an opening cockpit, firing spring-loaded shooters and bomb elements that can be dropped
- This Y-Wing building kit lets you create fantastic moments from the blockbuster Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker movie Play out your favorite scenes with this inspirational and collectible model playset
- This advanced 578-piece LEGO Star Wars Starfighter kids' toy for boys and girls aged 8+ measures over 2-inch (7cm) high, 16-inch (43cm) long and 7-inch (19cm) wide
Get ready to start your engines because one of the galaxy’s most dangerous races is on with the launch of Star Wars Episode l: Racer. Now on Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 for the first time, we can’t wait to see fans reactions as they experience this Nintendo 64 classic on modern platforms,” said Elizabeth Howard, vice president of publishing at Aspyr.