Auto enthusiast Tom Wright came across ten bumper cars that he originally planned to restore, but the idea of driving them on the road came to mind, and the rest was history. To make them street legal, he equipped each one with a Kawasaki Ninja motorcycle-sourced 500cc engine from a Kawasaki Ninja, mated to a six-speed transmission, and then added an independent rear-suspension. You can’t forget the functional headlights and indicators as well. Read more for a video and additional information.
Tom isn’t a mechanic by trade, so all the skills required to complete this conversion, which took roughly a year, was all self-taught, including welding. One issue he came across was having to build a custom subframe to restore some of the rusty bodywork, or to be more specific, 18-square-inches of sheet metal that needed replacing.
- 🚗 SET OF 2: This set of 2 futuristic remote-control bumper cars with controllers is so much fun for all the family. Battle it out to see who is the ultimate bumper car driver! ALL REQUIRED BATTERIES ARE INCLUDED.
- 🎮 2.4GHZ CONTROL: The Version 2 Bumper cars are controlled via 2,4ghz frequency meaning more players can play at once. The fun remote-control toy game comes with everything required in the pack so you do not need to buy additional batteries. Just grab a remote and get ready to rumble.
- 🚗 MULTIPLAYER FUN: Interactive head to head fun. If you hit your opponent’s bumper car on its side it will eject his driver and you win! Each car is about 6” long.
- 🎮 SAFE AND FUN: Made from Non-Toxic Recyclable ABS Plastic the toy cars are safe and fun, a detailed bumper car toy set for kids Aged 6 years+.
- 🚗 READY TO RUN: This remote control bumper car set comes in a well-designed box with all parts and user manual included in these languages (English, German, French, Italian, Spanish)