Ever wonder what the original Super Mario World soundtrack sounded like before Nintendo compressed it? If so, then you’re in luck, thanks to dataminers. Technically speaking, they identified the exact samples used in the Super Mario World tracks, which were heavily compressed to fit on the SNES cartridge, and then rebuilt the songs using the full, uncompressed samples. Considering a standard SNES game is only 4MB, you can just imagine how much the audio was downgraded. Read more for two tracks and additional information.
First released on November 21, 1990, this game follows Mario’s quest to save Princess Peach and Dinosaur Land from Bowser and his minions, the Koopalings. You control Mario or his brother Luigi through a series of levels in which the goal is to reach the goalpost at the end, and it also introduced Yoshi, a dinosaur who can eat enemies, as well as gain abilities by eating the shells of Koopa Troopas.
- Handheld Nintendo Switch gaming at a great price
- For every member of your family, there’s a member of ours
- Optimized for personal, handheld play, Nintendo Switch Lite is a small and light Nintendo Switch system
- Features a sleek, unibody design with fully integrated controls and a built-in +Control Pad
- Compatible with all physical and digital Nintendo Switch games that support Handheld mode