Tesla’s Model S Plaid may be the fastest EV sedan on the road today, but that may soon change with the release of the Lucid Air Dream Edition Performance. Drag Times recently pitted this two electric sedans against each other in a 1/4 mile drag racing showdown. The Lucid Air Dream Edition Performance has a dual-motor setup generating 1,111 horsepower, enabling it to hit 60 mph in a mere 2.5 seconds, while topping out at 168 mph. Read more for the race and additional information.
On a full charge, the Lucid Air Dream Edition Performance is good for 481-miles, but there’s just one caveat: it retails for $169,000 USD before incentives, which is roughly $40,000 more than the Model S Plaid. Straight from the factory, the $129,990 USD Tesla Model S Plaid has a 348-mile range and can complete the quarter-mile in 9.23-seconds, while topping out at 155 mph.
- AUTHENTIC DESIGN DETAILS: Just like a full-size Tesla, the My First Model Y delivers the superior Tesla experience for your toddler
- HONKING HORN: This toddler ride-on includes a working horn
- PREMIUM WHEELS: With a rubber grip tread, these wheels provide a smooth and quiet ride. The wheels are safe for indoor and outdoor use
- develop motor skills and learn to ride.
- WORKING STEERING: The working steering helps riders as young as 18 months develop motor skills and learn to ride