Photo credit: Drivable Designs via Motor1
There’s no doubt that Tesla will be exploring various vehicle platforms over the next few years, and one intriguing design would be a Model XL minivan, or so Drivable Designs thinks. Compared with a full-sized van, modern minivans are based on a passenger car platform and have a lower body, which means that Elon Musk could possibly use the current Model S or Model X as the base platform. Read more for additional pictures.
Aside from sliding doors, the Model XL would come with an optional cargo box up top, and possibly even a solar panel system for when you decide to camp out. On a side note, did you know that the term minivan originated in North America to differentiate the smaller passenger vehicles from full-sized vans? The first known use of the this term was in 1959, but it wasn’t until the 1980s that it became commonly used.
- Hot Wheels id takes vehicle play to a new level of pulse-pounding excitement, offering a first-of-its kind mixed-play experience
- Track speed and count laps with your classic Hot Wheels track and the Hot Wheels Race Portal. With every milestone conquered, kids' racing prowess is boosted
- Build a virtual garage of outrageous vehicles -like this Tesla Model S-to race, jump, crash and compete. Unlock performance boosts, races and rad rewards
- Race cars in insane digital races, unlock rewards and level up with the free mobile app. NFC-enabled device or Hot Wheels Race Portal (sold separately) required to scan in cars
- Take it to the next level and use with the Hot Wheels id Smart Track (sold separately)