Photo credit: Charlie Automotive
Elon Musk has hyped the 2020 Tesla Roadster ever since it was announced back in 2017, and many have been waiting to hear more about the “SpaceX option package”. The base model is claimed to have a top speed of 250 mph and a 620-mile range powered by a 250 kWh battery pack, but the optional package apparently adds 10 small rocket thrusters. Read more to see what 0-60 mph in 1.1-seconds looks like in the electric supercar.
Slav Popovski, a talented CGI artist and aircraft avionics engineer based in Sydney, Australia, created the interesting simulation above showing what a rocket thruster-powered Tesla Roadster would look like accelerating to 60 mph from a standstill. Apparently, system would be comprised of an electric pump to recharge an air tank used to provide compressed air flowing through propelling nozzles to generate a cold jet thrust. These are the same air tanks used in the Falcon rockets, and would replace the back seats.
- Inspire kids and all Porsche fans to build, race and display this white 1974 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.0 toy car with a removable windshield to place a minifigure in the cockpit and authentic design details including the iconic ‘whale tail’ rear spoiler!
- This LEGO sports car set includes a new-for-August-2019 classic Porsche 911 driver minifigure with a helmet element, plus 3 cone elements for racing play action
- Porsche 911 Turbo 3.0 model car measures over 1” (4cm) high, 5” (15cm) long and 2” (6cm) wide
- 180 pieces – Fun birthday gift for boys and girls aged 7+ and for fans and kids of all ages; This LEGO Speed Champions 1974 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.0 75895 model race car kit can be built together with all other LEGO sets and LEGO bricks for creative play
- Kids can add an exciting digital dimension to their racing play and ‘drive' this car in the Forza Horizon 4 LEGO Speed Champions expansion pack (sold separately)