The Tesla Semi appears to be near production-ready after it was spotted at a Fremont test track without a trailer. What makes this test so special is that the Semi is reportedly the first Tesla to have the new 4680 cells, which pack more active battery material into the casing for a 5× improvement in energy storage and a 6× increase in power. By simply scaling up to the pack, the new jumbo cells (46 mm in diameter and 80 mm in height) alone produces a 16% increase in range. Read more for three videos and additional information.
There have been two sightings of the current generation Tesla Semi, with one being on the back of a trailer. It comes equipped with four motors, and the long-range version can travel 500 miles on a full charge with a full load. Without a trailer load, its 0-to-60 mph time of 5 seconds rivals some sports cars, or fully loaded with 80,000-pounds, it can hit that speed in a respectable 20 seconds.
- AUTHENTIC DESIGN DETAILS: Just like a full-size Tesla, the My First Model Y delivers the superior Tesla experience for your toddler
- HONKING HORN: This toddler ride-on includes a working horn
- PREMIUM WHEELS: With a rubber grip tread, these wheels provide a smooth and quiet ride. The wheels are safe for indoor and outdoor use
- develop motor skills and learn to ride.
- WORKING STEERING: The working steering helps riders as young as 18 months develop motor skills and learn to ride
Semi on the track pic.twitter.com/0QCTYGbLJv
— Tesla (@Tesla) March 14, 2021