For those who don’t know, Nintendo’s The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time game appears as a Masterpiece in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. and can be played for 300-seconds. There are even save files for the beginning of Young Link and Adult Link sections after it’s be unlocked by using Toon Link in 10 brawls. Most gamers can’t even finish the original game in a day, much less a few hours, but this person set a new speedrun record by completing it in under 5-minutes. Read more for the video and a bonus.
This speedrunner, better known as “Savestate”, didn’t even use and tricks, just a super optimized route and a pair of SRM (Stale Reference Manipulation) interactions. The latter is just a glitch that overriders certain parts of the game’s actor data and code to arbitrary values. When all was said and done, the game was finished in a mere 4 minutes and 38 seconds, leaving over 20 seconds of the masterpiece to spare.
- 3 Play Styles: TV Mode, Tabletop Mode, Handheld Mode
- 6.2-inch, multi-touch capacitive touch screen
- 4.5-9 plus Hours of Battery Life will vary depending on software usage conditions
- Connects over Wi-Fi for multiplayer gaming; Up to 8 consoles can be connected for local wireless multiplayer
- Model number: HAC-001(-01)