The McLaren Speedtail is a limited-production supercar powered by a modified M840T from the 720S and a hybrid powertrain to generate a combined 1,036 hp, enabling it to hit a top speed of 250 mph and accelerate from 0–186 mph in a mere 12.8 seconds. All of this power makes it McLaren’s fastest production car. How does it compare with an F-35B fighter jet? Top Gear wanted to find out themselves. Read more for the video and additional information.
Top Gear host Chris Harris set up a race against the Royal Air Force’s F-35 Lightning II, which can hit 1200 mph and costs $124 million to build. The McLaren Speedtail may not cost as much, but its technology is still nothing to scoff at. The super can recharge while driving, using a wireless charging pad that is included with the car itself, trickle-charging the battery with the pad when the car is not being used.
- Build the awesome McLaren Senna, featuring a minifigure cockpit, removable windshield, interchangeable wheel rims, and McLaren and Senna logo stickers, and a wind tunnel then play out car development and race scenarios
- Includes a McLaren racing driver minifigure in a racing suit featuring the McLaren Senna and Pirelli logos, a helmet and spanner
- McLaren Senna toy car for kids measures over 1” (4cm) high, 5” (15cm) long and 1” (5cm) wide Wind tunnel measures over 1” (5cm) high, 2” (6cm) wide and 1” (4cm) deep
- 219 pieces – Model car for boys and girls aged 7+ and for fans and kids of all ages
- This LEGO Speed Champions McLaren Senna 75892 toy car playset can be built together with all other original LEGO toy construction sets and LEGO bricks for creative play