Photo credit: Protective Film Solutions
Gas Monkey Garage’s Aaron Kaufman is known for his crazy supercar builds, and his latest for Daily Driven Exotics is no exception. This twin-turbocharged Ferrari F12 is unlike any other as to even fit the giant turbines, he had to completely disassemble the front end, including the inner fenders as well as cut holes in the hood. That’s not all, the throttle bodies also needed to be shifted to the front of the motor and the charge pipes relocated right down into the center of the intercooler. Read more for two videos and additional information.
Despite all of the modifications, Kaufman says that most of the components are largely in the same location as factory. So, a new owner were to take it to a Ferrari dealership, there would be no surprises for them, or at least in terms of the engine. What he ended up with is a monstrous Ferrari F12 that now makes around 1,500 hp, which should put it on par with some hypercars.
- Immerse yourself in the exciting world of endurance racing, creating your own displayable LEGO Technic model version of the iconic Ferrari 488 GTE racing car
- Authentic features include front and back suspension, opening doors, a V8 engine with moving pistons and functioning steering wheel
- With original race stickers and a faithful color scheme, the LEGO Technic Ferrari 488 GTE “AF Corse #51” (42125) will take pride of place in the home or office of any motorsport fan
- A rewarding building project for adults and an inspired birthday or special occasion gift for anyone who loves endurance racing, Ferrari racing cars and motorsport
- Model measures over 5 in. (13 cm) high, 19 in. (48 cm) long and 8.5 in. (21 cm) wide