Photo credit: Lets Go Digital
Smartphone cameras come in all shapes and sizes these days, but Vivo could be working on something you’ve never seen before. The company applied for a patent with the World Intellectual Property Office (WIPO) for a ‘Camera module, electronic device and camera module control method’, and with this comes a 23-page document that shows a super telephoto zoom pop-up smartphone camera. Read more for the patent sketches and additional pictures.
When not in use, the camera module will not be visible, giving it a sleeker look, while the front-facing selfie camera is integrated directly beneath the screen. When using the pop-up camera system, it can be extended in four steps, as one lens extends at a time. We do not see a flash in the patent sketches, but one could theoretically be integrated around the bottom lens, similar to a flash ring.
- GSM Only - Will not work on CDMA carriers like Sprint and Verizon.
- 16 MP dual camera with OIS. Get picture-perfect results with a 16 MP dual camera system featuring optical image stabilization (OIS).
- All-day battery with 27W TurboPower. Go all day on a single charge, and get 12 hours of power in just 15 minutes. Battery Size : 3000mAh, Non-removable
- 6.2" Full HD+ Max Vision display. Immerse yourself with ultrawide views on a 6.2" Full HD+ display with a 19:9 aspect ratio.
- Dolby Audio tuned stereo speakers. Enjoy loud volume, crystal clear dialogue and realistic surround sound.