Love electric vehicles, but hate charging them? Volkswagen gives us a glimpse into the future of EV charging stations in the form of a mobile charging robot that takes over this task and drives to the electric car completely autonomously. Once summoned via app or V2X communication, the mobile robot drives itself to the vehicle that needs charging and communicates with it. It then automatically opens the charging socket flap to connect the plug to decoupling – the entire charging process occurs without any human interaction. Read more for a video and additional information.
The mobile robot does bring a mobile energy storage device to the vehicle and connects them. This energy is then used as a storage device to charge the battery of the electric vehicle. This trailer of sorts stays with the vehicle during the whole charging process. The robot then moves on to charge other electric vehicles. Once the process is complete, the robot tows the energy storage device back to the charging station.
The mobile charging robot will spark a revolution when it comes to charging in different parking facilities, such as multi-story car parks, parking spaces and underground car parks because we bring the charging infrastructure to the car and not the other way around. With this, we are making almost every car park electric, without any complex individual infrastructural measures”, said Mark Möller, Head of Development at Volkswagen Group Components.
- 【Flexible Remote Control】: Our remote-controlled robots come with a simple remote control design that makes it easier to move in all directions on a smooth, flat floor indoors or outdoors - left, right, front, back and 360 degree rotating stunt. Remote control distance over 20 meters.
- 【Phone APP Control】: Building block robot can control by the mobile phone APP bluetooth connection, with remote control mode, path mode, voice control, gravity sensor and stem programming, four remote control modes are simple and easy to use. The robot joints are free to move, and the head, shoulders, arms, elbows, tracks, and eyebrows can be rotated, and various expressive expressions can be arbitrarily placed.
- 【Easy to Charge】: USB Charging Design, equipped with built-in rechargeable batteries in the robot, charged 120 min can play 40 min. You can charge the RC robot which has include a glowing charging cable via the plug, portable power bank, laptop and so on. And the remote control need 2AAA batteries(NOT INCLUDED).
- 【Imagination and Learning】: This building toy will promote your child’s hand-eye coordination and creativity, enhancing critical thinking and development skills, and having fun at the same time.Can be assembled at anytime yourself, helps to develop children' practical ability. It is made of high quality, safe and harmless ABS plastics for children.
- 【Educational Best Gifts】: Introduce kids to the building block of the best educational STEM toys to foster their curiosities, keeps kids engaged and entertained and offers a fun and educational way to play, STEM building toys are also a great way to build social bonds or strengthen your relationship with your kids. Great gift for birthday/Children's Day/ Christmas/Chanukkah/Easter/summer camp activities/back to school.
- Cozmo is a real-life robot like you’ve only seen in the movies and he’s ready to be your loyal sidekick
- Challenge Cozmo to games or use Explorer Mode to see things from his perspective
- With a beginner-friendly interface, Cozmo is the perfect educational robot for kids and adults to learn to creatively code
- Easier than you’d think and tougher than he looks, this toy robot is tested for durability and security
- Cozmo by Anki requirements: a compatible iOS or Android device and the free Cozmo app