Photo credit: Lets Go Digital
Xiaomi Mobile Software was granted a patent by the European Patent Office as well as the United States Patent & Trademark Office earlier this week, titled ‘camera lens behind the display of a mobile terminal connected to the front side by a light guide’. In other words, the patent sketches show a selfie camera integrated directly into the screen bezel, which features a transparent area for the lens. Read more for the patent sketches and additional information.
This area will allow incoming light to shine through the display panel and then through the translucent element, right onto the camera lens. Optical fibers are utilized for the light-transmitting element, allowing for the screen to remain completely flat and fluid. Sure, Xiaomi also demonstrated an under-display camera last summer, but the image quality wasn’t the best to say the least.
- Super Smooth Display – high resolution with a 90-Hz refresh rate – scrolling, swiping and switching through apps feels easy and effortless
- 16,6 cm / 6.55” AMOLED Screen – for an impressive multimedia experience, instant touch-response, more speed and a fascinating clarity
- Ultra Clear Triple Camera - 48MP main camera, 16MP ultra wide angle, 2MP macro and 16MP front camera, Nightscape 2.0, Studio Lightining, Super slow motion up to 460 FPS, RAW image, AI Scene Detection
- 8 GB RAM and 128 GB internal storage for more performance, true speed and larger amounts of data/ High-performance processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 with 5G connectivity
- Power Battery 4300 mAh – Next generation WARP CHARGE 30T technology (ready-to-go in 20 minutes) fast charging / Android 10 operating system