One issue with wireless charging is that current solutions require you to place the device on a pad or stand, that is unless…you’re talking about Xiaomi Mi Air Charge. This new technology doesn’t require any stand, pad or cables, yet is capable of delivering 5W of power to a single device over a distance of a few meters from the self-developed isolated charging pile. The latter of which has has five integrated phase interference antennas that can accurately detect the location of the smartphone. Read more for a video demonstration and additional information.
The phase control array is composed of 144 antennas that transmit millimeter-wide waves directly to the smartphone through beamforming. On the smartphone side, Xiaomi’s developed a miniaturized antenna array with built-in “beacon antenna” and “receiving antenna array”. The former broadcasts position information with low power consumption, while the receiving antenna array, composed of 14 antennas, converts the millimeter wave signal emitted by the charging pile into electric energy through the rectifier circuit.
- 6.53” FHD+ Dotch LCD display, powered by NXTVISION, will upgrade your visual experience with the sharper details, vibrant images and allow you to enjoy true-to-life color accuracy in everything you present.
- Quad rear cameras with dual LED flash: 48MP (high-res) + 8MP (118° super wide-angle) + 2MP (macro) + 2MP (depth). 16MP front-facing selfie camera.
- Up to 64GB of internal memory, expandable up to 256GB via microSD card (sold separately).
- Compatible with GSM carriers, including AT&T and T-Mobile. This device is also certified for use on Verizon’s LTE network. If your device is not receiving messages or experiences an error when making phone calls on Verizon, your account may need to be provisioned to support “CDMA-less” devices, please contact Verizon’s technical support team or your account’s business representative for assistance. This phone is not compatible with CDMA networks. (such as Sprint, Spectrum, Xfinity, etc.)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 665, Octa-core processor, and 6GB of RAM for a smooth performance.
Currently, Xiaomi remote charging technology is capable of 5-watt remote charging for a single device within a radius of several meters. Apart from that, multiple devices can also be charged at the same time (each device supports 5 watts), and even physical obstacles do not reduce the charging efficiency,” said the company.