ZTE’s Axon 20 5G smartphone is budget-priced, all things considered, but that doesn’t mean it lacks in any features. This is one of the first devices to feature an under-display 32MP selfie camera, and Jerry Rig Everything tore down the device to give us an up-close look at just how it works. Other features include a 6.92-inch FHD+ OLED display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G system on chip, 8GB of RAM, 128GB of internal storage, and a quad rear camera setup (64MP main, 8MP ultra-wide, 2MP depth, 2MP, macro). Read more for the teardown video and additional information.
So how exactly does the under-display selfie camera work? Well, as you can see in the teardown video, the ZTE Axon 20 5G has two screens stacked atop each other. A compact, square screen above the selfie camera with a low resolution and the high resolution OLED panel on top. This enables the under-display camera to look out towards the user from underneath the top display. Sure, the quality isn’t the best, but we’re sure future generations will rival the best front-facing cameras out there.
- Introducing the new A Series: The features you’ve been waiting for in your unlocked cell phone. Take crisp pics with the 48MP quad camera. Immerse yourself in a spacious high definition screen, powered by a long-lasting, fast charging battery
- Unlocked by Samsung: Pick more than just your new cell phone. With your unlocked device, choose your preferred carrier, data plan, services, features and apps, and get your phone exactly how you want it
- Crisp. Colorful. Captivating. Dive into edge-to-edge color with an expansive 6. 5” Infinity-O Display featuring a Super AMOLED screen that brings cinematic clarity right to your fingertips
- Pro-grade shots in just a snap: From epic landscape shots and dramatic portraits, to macro angles that reveal intricate textures and detail, this impressive quad camera has a lens for whatever inspires you. Devices will work on any compatible network. Wireless voice, data and messaging services are compatible with most GSM networks such as AT&T and T-Mobile and CDMA networks such as Verizon, Sprint and US Cellular
- Smooth, stable shots: Take remarkably smooth video of fast-moving action in crisp, UHD quality. Its top-notch stability makes photos and videos look super smooth with minimal blur