Apple Al Maryah Island is the company’s second store in Abu Dhabi, and it just had its grand opening on February 25. The beautifully designed structure is elevated above steps of cascading water, providing guests with breathtaking shoreline views amid Abu Dhabi’s prestigious financial district. In celebration, the company debuted three unique Today at Apple sessions that draw inspiration from the exquisite surroundings and creative culture of Abu Dhabi. Read more for a first look inside.
As guests walk to the promenade, they’ll see two ramps paved with Absolute Black granite stone, which is the first time the company has used this material at any Apple Store, cut through water. This continues seamlessly inside the store to blur the barrier between interior and exterior, while a golden carbon fiber roof, locally sourced in the UAE, tops things off.
- Immersive 24-inch 4.5K Retina display with P3 wide color gamut and 500 nits of brightness
- Apple M1 chip delivers powerful performance with 8-core CPU and 7-core GPU
- Strikingly thin 11.5 mm design in vibrant colors
- 1080p FaceTime HD camera with M1 ISP for amazing video quality
- Studio-quality three-mic array for crystal clear calls and voice recordings
We couldn’t be more thrilled to open the stunning Apple Al Maryah Island this Friday. Our talented team is ready to welcome and delight customers from this vibrant community to our newest location in the Emirates,” said Deirdre O’Brien, Apple’s senior vice president of Retail + People.