Photo credit: John Calkins
Industrial designer John Calkins is excited about Apple’s rumored electric car, and one of its most important features will be the user interface of the infotainment system. What if Apple decided to work with Tesla in coming years? Well, this is what the Model 3’s infotainment user interface could look like. Think of it as macOS Big Sur meets iPad Pro, with a touch of Elon Musk thrown in. Hyundai confirmed that it’s working with Apple on a car project, but we’ve yet to see any early designs. Read more for a video of Calkin’s UI and additional information.
This sleek user interface would boast a visualizer that shows what’s going on around you, a dock similar to other Apple devices that has a row of app icons, a Siri button for quick directions or notifications, Search & Notification, and a Profile that connects to your iCloud account. Yes, Apple TV is also included, so you’ll be able to catch up on some of your favorite movies and TV shows when parked.
- Stunning 10.9-inch Liquid Retina display with True Tone and P3 wide color
- A14 Bionic chip with Neural Engine
- Touch ID for secure authentication and Apple Pay
- 12MP back camera, 7MP FaceTime HD front camera
- Available in Silver, Space Gray, Rose Gold, Green, and Sky Blue