Burger King wants to ensure that its customers in Germany are socially distancing themselves to prevent the spread of COVID-19, and to promote this, they’ve debuted “social-distance crowns”. These are specially designed to keep customers exactly 6-feet apart as restaurants reopen dine-in service. Read more for a video of the new “Social Distancing Whopper” that goes along with these giant crowns.
What is a “Social Distancing Whopper”? It’s basically a normal Whopper, but with three times the onions, which aims to give you bad enough breath so people stay at least six feet away from you. Unfortunately (or fortunately), it’s only available at Burger King restaurants in Italy currently via drive-through King Drives, take-away services and dine-in.
- 5-in-1 countertop unit works as a contact grill, panini press, full grill, full griddle and half grill/half griddle. Dimensions: 13.50 L x 11.50 W x 7.12 H inches
- Brushed stainless-steel housing; sturdy panini-style handle; floating cover to adjust to thickness of food. BPA Free
- Removable and reversible 11" x 9" dishwasher-safe nonstick cooking plates drain grease for healthy cooking into the integrated drip tray.
- Adjustable temperature controls with indicator lights; gourmet recipes and scraping tool included
- Please refer to the Product Video and the User Manual before use.
We wanted to reinforce the rules of high safety and hygiene standards that the BK restaurants are following. The do-it-yourself social-distance crown was a fun and playful way to remind our guests to practice social distancing while they are enjoying food in the restaurants,” a Burger King representative told Business Insider.