H/t: Car Scoops
To the untrained eye, this might actually appear to be a Ferrari, but upon closer inspection, some things just seem off, like the taillights. Why? That’s because it’s just a 1985 Chevrolet Camaro with a K1 Evoluzione body kit sporting Ferrari badges. Step inside, and you’ll find leather seats that were sourced from a 2000 Pontiac Firebird and digital gauges from Intellitronix. Read more
Power comes from a GM-sourced rebuilt 5.7L TPI V8 engine making 235 hp and 340 lb-ft of torque, mated to a 700R4 automatic transmission with a hydraulic torque converter lockup installed. Suspension wise, the vehicle has been lowered approximately 1.5-inches and rides on 3-piece 17″ Compomotive wheels wrapped in 245/45/17 (front) / 315/35/17 (rear) tires.
- Immerse yourself in the exciting world of endurance racing, creating your own displayable LEGO Technic model version of the iconic Ferrari 488 GTE racing car
- Authentic features include front and back suspension, opening doors, a V8 engine with moving pistons and functioning steering wheel
- With original race stickers and a faithful color scheme, the LEGO Technic Ferrari 488 GTE “AF Corse #51” (42125) will take pride of place in the home or office of any motorsport fan
- A rewarding building project for adults and an inspired birthday or special occasion gift for anyone who loves endurance racing, Ferrari racing cars and motorsport
- Model measures over 5 in. (13 cm) high, 19 in. (48 cm) long and 8.5 in. (21 cm) wide
Overall the car looks good and runs and drives. Car has small scratches, and some small cracks so it’s not perfect, but looks good. The dash does not fit as well as I’d like where the windshield meets the dash. But is just fine for now. The rear hatch is molded into the body and doesn’t open. You can see the lines of the seams when up close,” said its current owner.