Inventor Matthew Perks of DIY Perks is back at it again, and this time, he’s managed to transform the otherwise ultra sleek Sony PlayStation 5 into something you’d expect to see in an antique shop. Sure, this is something that many can attempt, but disassembling the game console and then carefully extracting the hardware is something best left to professionals, or you may end up with several paper weights. Read more for the build video and a bonus.
Ok, so it’s not a 100% wooden conversion since the base is crafted from real carbon fiber. However, this was a necessary step to be able to attach the heatsink and install foam to help direct airflow. The front, rear, and sides are handcrafted from American dark walnut wood before being sanded as well as buffed to give it a darker more vintage feel. The ventilation holes, ports and the power switch were properly cut to retain full functionality.
- Handheld Nintendo Switch gaming at a great price
- For every member of your family, there’s a member of ours
- Optimized for personal, handheld play, the Nintendo Switch Lite is a small and light Nintendo Switch system
- Features a sleek, unibody design with fully integrated controls and a built-in plus Control Pad
- Compatible with all physical and digital Nintendo Switch games that support Handheld mode